Engineering is a broad work category that refers to jobs that use science and mathematics to solve a variety of problems. Engineers work in disciplines that include mechanical, electrical, chemical, civil, and environmental engineering, among others.
Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- assessing project requirements
- measuring the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines
- agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
- using computer-aided design/modelling software
- liaising with suppliers
- undertaking relevant research
- producing and implementing designs and test procedures
- presenting designs to managers and clients
- testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- writing reports and documentation
- providing technical advice
- analysing and interpreting data.
- Ensuring that all engineering and manufacturing processes are in keeping with the health and safety regulations of the state and the country.
- Supervising staff and manufacturing processes and making appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborating with other engineers and technical personnel to develop instructional and training manuals where required.