Warehouses store raw materials or manufactured goods before they are transported for export or sale. Reliable employees capable of performing warehouse duties are necessary in a broad range of businesses and industries. Perform an array of capabilities which could embrace receiving and processing incoming stock and gives, selecting and filling orders from stock, packing and transport orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock contained within the warehouse.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Welcome delivery trucks
- Receive and track shipments
- Embark merchandise in delivery trucks using appropriate tools
- Accommodate and carefully handle fragile merchandise
- Track and document exact shipment arrival and departure times
- Tag and label merchandise
- Label and stockpile merchandise according to size, shape, and type.
- Box, wrap and pack merchandise in accordance with relevant procedures and standards
- Prepare all orders for shipment
- Record and manage all impaired or damaged merchandise items
- Operate adequate merchandise management tools (for example, forklift)
- Enter data in inventory and logistics software programs