Being a laundry valet you are responsible to ensure that all laundry services for the hotels guests is done as per the standard policies and is met on time. Also responsible for laundry collection from guest rooms, dry-cleaning, washing, drying, pressing and folding of guest’s laundry along with other hotel linen.
Additionally properly tags Guest items and then sorts for appropriate action like Washing, dry cleaning, stain removal, pressing or send for repairing to the hotel tailor.
Laundry Attendants use various techniques to clean clothing and other textiles and to support the operations of the facilities in which they work. Laundry Attendants usually work in self or full-service laundromats that are available to the public, or in hotels.
- Sort all linens and treat stains
- Load all laundry into washer and add specified cleaning agents
- Take wet, clean items and dry as directed
- Sort and fold or hang clean dried items
- Maintain inventory of all cleaning supplies and communicate needs to general manager
- Maintaining all laundry equipment and inform facilities manager as to any maintenance needs
- Perform additional laundry services when necessary
- Basic tailoring experience or sewing skills.
- Taking Responsibility.
- Recognizing Differences and eye for detail.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Capacity to lift up to 20 pounds unaided.
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Laundry machines and chemicals.
- Ability to work under pressure